Pipeline Integrity Management
CougarPIMTM is a managed system for the evaluation of pipeline integrity to ensure fitness for purpose of distribution and transmission pipelines. Our PIM system can be efficiently integrated with our GIS system for visualization of data. CougarPIMTM follows the guidance provided in ASME B31.8 and meets regulatory requirements. An entire pipeline inventory is risk ranked to determine likelihood and consequence of failure. This is utilized to prioritize remedial measures as part of the mitigation strategy. An ongoing long-term risk based plan is developed utilizing pertinent data and appropriate competences covered by Cougar Offshore's areas of expertise. Risk ranking, consequence of failure, inspection strategy and evaluation philosophy is tailored to client requirements. The PIM process provides an annual program of targeted inspection and anomaly tracking. CougarPIMTM is flexible and relatively simple compared to overly complex database based systems.
Cougar Offshore PIM benefits are summarized as follows
- Consequence of failure tailored to client specific business risk model
- Specific competencies on all aspects of PIM
- PIM offers significant cost savings:
- Targeted or Risk Based Inspection (RBI)
- Defects reviewed for assessment
- Fully flexible to provide client desired data processing and reporting
- Anomaly tracking to ensure timely repairs if required
- Readily generated reports for regulatory submission
- Identify defects for detailed assessment using client selected/preferred resources
- Pipeline inventory risk ranked to provide client with simplified presentation of data for determination of targeted mitigation
- Anomaly tracking
Consequences of failure to fit business model may include:
- Business disruption
- Environmental impact
- Public perception
- Other operational impact
Characteristic data and condition data are used in evaluation and strategy. Evaluation of data includes trend analysis & risk assessment.
Risk matrix identifies high risk pipelines and is tailored to client's business risk model. Changes to risk matrix are viewed interactively as amendments to business risk model are made.
Inspection plan intervals to suit regulatory and client's requirements. Plan is monitored and amended to suit scope of work executed and from evaluation of inspection findings as part of the rolling plan.
Inspection philosophy prioritizes inspection based on risk and covers efficient use of resources and significantly reduces inspection budgets.