Cougar Offshore has considerable experience with
decommissioning offshore platforms and in particular severely damaged
structures. Our personal experience includes the first successful fully
engineered topple of a platform structure in the GOM. In addition to two other
successful topples each project was carried out diverless using ROV's and
diamond wire saws. Estimated pull force for all three topples where within 10%
Our in-depth knowledge of structural behavior and ultimate
strength assessment for determination of robustness combine to provide
decommissioning solutions not possible using linear elastic methods at
comparable cost. Our expertise in decommissioning includes:
- Full project support provided ranging from assurance to development of methodologies for challenging projects
- Expertise applied to aging structures, over-load conditions and severely
- Development of damaged structural models using point cloud data
- Replication of damage through analysis for further assessment
- Considerable experience with technologies including diamond wire cutters,
shears, ROV's, explosives and jet cutting
- Material barge sea fastening, grillage and ballasting design
- Preparation of regulatory submissions including artificial reef applications
- Offshore expertise and support particularly for non-standard decommissioning
Decommissioning methods are designed and optimized
to maintain structural integrity particularly for severely damaged structures.
Cougar Offshore routinely designs specialized rigging and strengthening to suit
unusual cases and minimize offshore time.
Lift point design and strengthening for damaged and over-load conditions.
- Conventional jacket & deck lift
- Replication of damage
- Transportation and ballasting
- Structural robustness
- Tow while jacket is on hook
models can be developed from drawings and using point cloud data obtained from
Cut plans are developed using structural models.
3D models can be provided for viewing at any stage of decommissioning. Well and
structure stability assessed during cut
As-built reef plats and block plats prepared.
Cougar Offshore in-house developed GIS for structures,
pipelines, blocks, reef sites, pipelines etc is utilized to efficiently generate scale plat
drawings for inclusion in regulatory submissions.